Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Day 2010 - Let the Play Begin

Tomorrow is the big day around here. Once I get over New Year’s Eve, I will head into Annapolis Royal to get myself decked out to be Queen Anne in public for the very first time. My fabulous costumiere, Millie has outdone herself this time. The gown is spectacular, the cape is glorious, the jewelry is glamorous, the wig (we’ll see, because although I’ve tried it on, Millie wouldn’t let me see what it looked like), and the crown (see above with Millie!). She wants the whole effect to be a surprise for everyone - including me.

This whole queen business has been quite a journey! I’ve learned so much about this largely forgotten queen. And the whole costuming part has been amazing. As soon as pictures are available – and there will be pictures – I’ll post the best of them over the weekend.

I will be seeing the Bishop of Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island at her levée at St. Luke’s Church Hall around 11:15. I hope to see many of the area’s people at this wonderful beginning to both the renaming of Annapolis Royal anniversary and the 300th anniversary of the first Anglican service in Canada. And then I’m off to the Royal Canadian Legion in Annapolis Royal to greet them at the joint levée for the Town of Annapolis Royal and the Legion. That will be around noon or so.

My Royal Household will be accompanying me tomorrow – Sarah Churchill, the Duchess of Marlborough, my two handsome footmen and my official crier. I am really looking forward to the whole play. Join us if you can. And there will be music!

In the meantime, Happy New Year to all!